and I am asking you to join me, in commiting to do the self work to ensure a better future for us all.
My name is Darrell Prince- I’m an American citizen, with a background in science, marketing and operations at the corporate level, and much of my life involved in causes for the betterment of humanity. I am reaching out to people, because I believe your country needs you, humanity needs you, and the future needs us, to find a better path, a way to work together better, and so I am asking you to be a part of us helping each other, to do the self work necessary to bring about a bright bright future.
We need a better system of governing, of connecting, of deciding what to do, and actually achieving it. We need a better republic, a more engaged democracy- one that lives in the people is the biggest government, and the smallest at the same time. We are in a time of upheaval, change, and like any change, it will work out better if we prepare even if it doesn’t go exactly our way. The old models are bursting
Our society is too complex, too powerful to not be governed by reason, compassion for the many, and conservation of our resources, from air, water, food, land. We need a more educated, fact based civil discourse on the issues, based on core principles. We need to have context- some perspective on situations, how they have been handled in the past. We need more people engaged in the process, much more often than every 4 years. We need to figure out how to focus our energies, our discussios, so we have time to learn, to process to discuss, to decide, to debate, and to act while still being able to carry on our day to day, and know with certainty, that things are moving in the right direction. We won’t always agree or get our way but we can make sure we are heard, and make sure we are all moving in the right direction.3
We need a better national conversation- to have a democratic republic, or a robust and healthy society, we must speak the same language, have common understandings of the principles behind the laws of the society.
We need more focus in the national conversations 7000 groups agencies government officials speaking on 700 issues through a 1000 different information sources, biased news and fake news, from twitter to tv to facebook and email, about Syria vaccines elections Russians Chinese climate change police crime Social Security. TOO MUCH NOISE.
We need to talk about one thing at a time, do some research come back, talk some more, ad infinitum. We need to start from the same set of facts, and have easy access to well thought out theories from many perspectives
We also need better interaction, and to be able to hold our politicians accountable, for what they do and what they don’t
The Call for Unity is asking concerned citizens to, at a minimum
1. Commit to making your voice heard/micro education via weekly position voting/communication with your group, city, state, and national officials 15 minutes per week
2. Commit to listening, to learning what the other view points are out there
3. Commit to treating others with respect
4. Commit to getting it right- as if it were your own decision- until the next meeting
5. Commit time to learning- 1 hour .5 hours/week
6. In person meetings general, 1.5 hours/month
7. Issue group meetings of your choice, 1.5 hours/month
8. Paricipate in the development and choosing of content, and interacting with other groups at the city state and national levels
The Call for Unity is asking activists in movements
1. To find ways to work together, to come to agreements, content and solutions that can be shared with strength and certainty, both locally and nationally- that means coalitions, and a movement of movements
2. To que the public discussions across movements, to allow space for discussion of other issues, so your issue will get it’s due attention when it is time
3. To engage your constituents more, ask them questions, and ask them for more than just money
4. To construct, whenever possible, your language,demands, etc, in language around the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution, because it narrows the debate, and provides a common language
1. Donate. I am asking you to donate to the cause if you think this is as good as something or someone else you have donated to. I’ve spent a lot of time, effort and money on this, and I need support to be able to take this further. Link here
2. Volunteer- I am definitely asking for help in developing the tools, and the policies the interface between issue groups, help in developing specs, and template content, setting up fundraisers, events as well as connections, contacts. Link here
3. Vote on core principles, see how this is going to work, learn a little, and give me measurable feed back. Link here.